Columbia Twin over Futon Bunk Bed
The Columbia Twin over Futon Bunk Bed is perfect for your child's busy lifestyle. It boasts a twin bed on top, and a versatile futon on the bottom.
- Classic Mission Style Design
- Made of premium, eco-friendly hardwood with a five-step finishing process
- Available in Antique Walnut, Caramel Latte, Natural Maple, White
- Upper/Lower headboard and footboards included
- Guard rails match panel design
- Separates into two Individual beds
- 26 steel reinforcement points
- All bunk beds come with a Slat Kit for mattress support
- All bunk beds meet or exceed all ASTM bunk bed standards
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts
- Mattress NOT Included
- Twin/Futon Dimensions: 68.13" H x 44.25" W x 80.5" D
- Weight: 232 lbs
About Atlantic Furniture
Founded in 1983 as Watercraft, Inc., Atlantic Furniture started as a manufacturer of pine waterbed frames. Since then, the Springfield, Mass.-based company has expanded to Fontana, Calif. The company has moved away from the use of pine and now specializes in imported furniture made of the wood of rubber trees.
The Benefits of Eco-Friendly Rubberwood
Prized as an environmentally friendly wood, rubberwood makes use of trees that have been cut down at the end of their latex-producing life cycle. The trees are removed by hand and replaced with new seedlings. In the past, felled rubber trees were either burned on the spot or used as fuel for locomotive engines, brick firing, or latex curing. Now the wood is used in the manufacture of high-end furniture. It is valued for its dense grain, stability, attractive color, and acceptance of different finishes.
Atlantic's Unique Five-Step Finishing Process
Each product in the entire line is finished with a high-build, five-step finishing process. After a thorough sanding, a wipe-on sealer is applied, followed by a tinted sealer to even the grain and color of the wood. Additional sanding prepares the surface for the first base color coat, more sanding, and a second base color coat. After a final sanding, the finish coat is applied. This process produces a beautiful and durable finish that will last for years.